Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 45 min | Serves: 6
- ¾ c. farro
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, or ½ small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 ½ Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1/3 c. parsley, fine chopped
- 1-14 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ c. Napa Valley Bistro™ Homemade Style Marinara Pasta Sauce
- ¾ c. Jeff’s Naturals™ Roasted Red Peppers and Caramelized Onions, drained and rough chopped
- 6-8 c. chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan to garnish
In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Add farro and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
In a soup stockpot on medium heat, add olive oil, chopped shallot, carrot, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables start to soften. Next add thyme sprigs, crushed garlic and kale. Stir for 2 minutes to wilt kale. Add the remaining ingredients with the reserved farro and let soup simmer 30 minutes.
Serve hot with parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.