Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 25 min Serves: 4-6
- 1 c. farro
- 1 c. shelled edamame
- 1 c. peas, (we used frozen)
- 1 c. broccolini, blanched and chopped
- ¼ c. green onions, thin sliced
- ½ c. Jeff’s Naturals™ Whole Castelvetrano Olives, cut off pit with paring knife
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon, fine chopped
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, fine chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil. Add farro and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until tender to bite. Farro has a natural bite and chewiness to it when it’s cooked through. Drain farro in a colander and set aside until slightly cooled.
In the meantime, in a large mixing bowl, add the edamame, peas, broccolini, green onions, olives, olive oil, lemon juice and zest.
Add farro to large mixing bowl and toss all ingredients together. Add the herbs, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Chefs Note: Feel free to play with this recipe and use any vegetable or herb in season. Asparagus, green beans, thyme or basil would all be wonderful. It will taste the best when the produce is the freshest!