Prep Time: 10min | Total Time: 20min | Serves: 2
- 2 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. your favorite store bought pizza sauce
- ½ Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices rustic-style white bread
- 4 oz/ fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Jeff’s Naturals Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Jeff’s Naturals Organic Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 2 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices fontina cheese
In a food processor, combine all ingredients and puree until smooth. If mixture is too think, use some of the reserved garbanzo liquid to thin it out.
Serve with some pita wedges and a side of olives drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and garnished with a pinch of chili flake for a dressed up appetizer at your next picnic or bbq.