Prep Time: 15min | Total Time: 20min | Serves: 4
- 4 Tbsp. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Jeff’s Naturals Non-Pareil Capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dry toasted pine nuts (pignolias)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Italian ciabatta loaf, cut into 4 pieces
- 8 oz. prosciutto (plain, not smoked)
- 1 ripe Bartlett or Anjou pear, sliced into thin wedges
- 8 oz. Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Peppers
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- A few sprigs fresh basil, main stems trimmed off
- Sea salt, to taste*
Pre-heat the oven to broil.
In a small bowl, combine the Gorgonzola cheese, crushed garlic, non-pareil capers, pine nuts, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 4 tablespoons of the olive oil. Mix well, and set aside.
Spread one side of each sandwich roll with 2 tablespoonfuls of the Gorgonzola cheese mixture.
Next, layer each sandwich with 2 oz. prosciutto, 3 slices of pear, and some roasted red bell pepper strips.
Top each sandwich with several spinach leaves plus a few basil leaves. Drizzle the greens with a dash each, olive oil, sea salt, and additional black pepper, if desired.
Fold the sandwiches closed, and broil, on the center rack, for about 5 minutes, or until bread is just toasted. Enjoy!