Prep Time: 8min | Total Time: 30min | Serves: 10
- 6 ears of corn on the cob, husked and cleaned
- 1 poblano pepper, cut in half and deseeded
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. crumbled Cotija cheese, plus some for topping
- ½ c. Jeff’s Naturals Diced Tamed™ Jalapeño Peppers, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. chipotle chili powder, plus some for topping
Chef’s Note: You can substitute with our Jeff’s Naturals Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeños, roughly chopped.
Preheat grill on high heat.
Grill corn for about 15-20 minutes on the hot grill turning frequently
until nice and charred and corn is cooked. Grill poblano pepper and
red onion for about 10 minutes, turning frequently until charred and
tender. Remove from grill and set aside.
Once cool enough to touch the grilled vegetables-cut the corn off the
cob and place into a medium sized mixing bowl. Dice the onion and
poblano and add to the corn. Add mayo, Cotija cheese, jalapeno
peppers, lime juice and chili powder. Stir to combine. Season with
salt and pepper to taste.
Turn oven on broil. Place corn mixture into an oven proof baking dish,
top with a sprinkle of Cotija cheese and light sprinkle of chili
powder. Broil about 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on the dish. Serve
immediately with chips.