All About A Kalamata
There is something special about Kalamata Olives, sometimes referred to as “Greek olives”. What makes them so unique? Is it the flavor? The meaty texture? The distinctive almond shape or the rich dark color? Whatever it is, Kalamata Olives are a staple in Mediterranean households and the highlight of many healthy dishes.
Jeff’s Naturals Organic Pitted Whole Kalamata Olives and Organic Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives are Gluten Free, Non-GMO Verified, Organic and Vegan. Though there are countless ways to enjoy them. Here are seven tasty ideas:
1. Toss pitted Jeff’s Naturals Organic Pitted Whole Kalamata Olives with feta cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, olive oil and red wine vinegar for a refreshing Greek salad.
2. Serve them as part of a gourmet cheese plate or antipasto platter. Enjoy with Romano and/or Feta cheese and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot (from Napa Valley of course)!
3. Combine Jeff’s Naturals Organic Pitted Whole Kalamata Olives in a food processor with garlic, anchovy filets, capers, lemon juice, and olive oil for a terrific tapenade. Spread it on fish or chicken before baking or serve it as a spread with crackers or crusty bread.
4. Dress up a plain cheese pizza with a handful of Organic Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives and a sprinkling of minced fresh oregano.
5. Sauté diced onions and minced garlic in olive oil, toss in a handful of sliced or pitted Kalamata Olives and a cup or two of diced tomatoes. Simmer and serve over chicken or fish with a garnish of minced fresh herbs.
6. Serve Jeff’s Naturals Kalamata Olives alongside hummus and feta cheese with warm pita triangles.
7. Make a memorable omelet by adding Organic Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives and a dollop of tangy goat cheese.
We have gone through great lengths to ensure our Organic Kalamata Olives are the highest quality. Our olives are grown in Kalamata, Greece and the surrounding countryside. We source our olives from small family farms in Greece with whom we’ve been working for many years. Jeff and our Italy-based import manager visit Greece frequently throughout the harvest to ensure that only the best quality of olives.
Here are some additional recipes featuring Jeff’s Naturals Kalamata Olives. Enjoy!