Back in November, we asked our fans to submit their favorite recipe & photo using Jeff’s Naturals products for a chance to win some cash and some Jeff’s Naturals goodies. Lucky for us, Emily from One Lovely Life shared her delicious and super simple Black Bean & Chipotle Stuffed Potato recipe and photo. “One of my favorites,” she writes. “Such an inexpensive and easy meatless dinner. Use your favorite taco toppings to build an amaaaaazing potato.”
This recipe is a fantastic way to enjoy our Roasted Bell Pepper Strips and Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeños. It also reveals Emily’s fail-proof method for baking the perfect sweet potato. Read One Lovely Life’s post, 6 Amazing Ways to Stuff a Baked Sweet Potato for more creative ideas.
Black Bean & Chipotle Stuffed Potato
Recipe by One Lovely Life
Note: There are no measurements to track, all you have to do is stuff your potato according to your individual tastes.
Sweet potatoes (however many you’d like to bake)
Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Baby tomatoes (optional)
Jeff’s Naturals Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeños (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Wash all potatoes and stab with a fork or a knife several times each (6-8 times at least).
Rub each potato with a thin layer of olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and place on baking sheet to prevent spills. You can place them directly on the rack if you like.
Bake 45-60 minutes, or until you can pierce them easily with a knife.
Make a slit lengthwise end-to-end across the top and fluff the inside with a fork. Stuff with toppings: black beans, avocado, peppers, Chipotle Ranch Dressing and (optional) tomatoes & Jalapeños.
Visit One Lovely Life for more delicious ideas and recipes.
When it comes to fast and easy weeknight dinners, pasta reigns supreme. Pasta is one of the most versatile ingredients and pairs well with any of our Jeff’s Naturals Mediterranean pantry staples. Whether it’s a light, summery pasta salad or a heaping bowl of comfort food (like Spinach & Artichoke Mac ‘n Cheese mmmmmmm) there is a pasta dish to match every mood and occasion.
We put together a list of a few of our favorite pasta ideas you can put together in a pinch.
In a rush? Try this pro tip from Serious Eats: You don’t have to wait for a huge pot of water to boil. Using a skillet and just enough water to cover the noodles is a better way to go.
- Sautée Marinated Artichoke Hearts with minced garlic, diced tomatoes, and a splash of red wine for a quick, delicious pasta sauce.
- Simmer minced Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes with diced fresh tomatoes, garlic and fresh herbs for a light pasta sauce with intense tomato flavor.
- For a quick, satisfying meal, toss sliced Organic Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives with hot pasta and a dash of olive oil Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Stir sliced Garlic Stuffed Olives into your favorite pasta sauce for added flavor and depth.
- Toss diced Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes with hot cooked pasta, minced garlic and fresh basil. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Add Imported Non-Pareil Capers to sautéed onions and garlic. Dice tomatoes, Greek Kalamata Olives, and anchovy filets. Mix together with basil and crushed red pepper flakes for an alluring Puttanesca pasta sauce.
- Cook minced Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes with sauteed onions and garlic and stir in heavy cream for a rich, savory pasta sauce.
- Mix Marinated Artichoke Hearts with hot pasta and pesto.
Here are some more pasta recipes you may want to add to your repertoire. Click on the image to get the recipe. Enjoy!