When we unveiled our new additions to our all-natural line of Mediterranean olives, peppers, capers and sun-dried tomatoes at Natrual Products Expo West last month, we were thrilled to hear a wide range of praise from members of the natural foods community from all over the world! They couldn’t get enough of our new Sunshine Mix Mild Banana Pepper Rings, Pitted Castelvetrano Olives and Marinated Artichoke Hearts.
The bold Mediterranean flavor of these artichokes have inspired our chefs at to create new dishes and serving ideas to help you eat and live better! Hand picked and marinated with a perfectly seasoned family recipe, these Artichoke Hearts do not disappoint.
Our newest recipe, Antipasto Skewers, are an elegant yet easy appetizer to make ahead for any party or get together. You can make the antipasto skewers ahead of time and drizzle with balsamic and olive oil just before serving. Get creative and add any of your favorite Jeff’s Naturals pitted or stuffed olives (like Feta or Garlic) and Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 (2 skewers per person)
1 jar (6.5 oz) Jeff’s Naturals Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
½ (12 oz.) container of marinated mozzarella balls
¼ c. Jeff’s Naturals Organic Pitted Whole Greek Kalamata Olives
1 pt. grape or cherry tomatoes
4 oz. sliced salami
6 fresh basil leaves, large leaves can be torn in half
Balsamic glaze (store-bought in vinegar isle) and extra virgin olive oil to garnish
Skewers or long tooth picks
In any order, skewer a variety of the ingredients onto each skewer. Drizzle the finished skewers with balsamic glaze and olive oil and serve.
When it comes to gourmet toppings, warm Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions are one of our all time favorites! Nothing perks up a dish quite like the sweet smokey flavor of this dynamic duo, and now you don’t have to roast, slice and caramelize because it’s already done for you!
Jeff (of Jeff’s Naturals) says he enjoys cooking with Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions and recommends rinsing the peppers and onions in cool water, then lightly sautéing them and enjoying them on top of sandwiches, burgers, steak, etc.
We recently asked our Facebook fans for their suggestions, and here is what a couple of them had to say:
I have always been an onion lover!!! For me, I would butter and lightly brown a Ciabatta roll on the grill, then add lettuce, a grilled hamburger patty, a slice of cheese, some Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions, and top it off with a dollop of barbecue sauce!!! Now that’s the good life!! –Sue Harp
I would warm them in a saucepan, make some veggie meatballs and brown them in a fry pan. Use a slotted spoon & add the peppers and onions to the meatballs. Take a grinder or a Kaiser roll, fill the roll with the mixture. Top with a bit of provolone cheese, and pop in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes (or until cheese melts. For non-vegetarians, you can use ‘real’ meatballs). -Karen Goodwin Delaney
These are some great suggestions! Here are 9 more delicious ways to enjoy Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions:
- Serve warm Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions on top of a heaping bowl of hot and creamy polenta.
- Top a plain cheese pizza with Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions, goat cheese and julienned fresh basil and bake at 400° for 10 minutes (or until cheese is nice and bubbly).
- Toss warm Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions with cooked pasta, marinated Artichoke Hearts, sliced Kalamata Olives and red wine vinaigrette for a colorful and satisfying pasta salad.
- Add a drained jar of Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions to fajita-style beef or chicken and serve with flour tortillas, spicy salsa and fresh guacamole.
- Make a delicious Greek omelet with diced Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions, sliced Kalamata Olives and feta cheese.
- For a special soup, add a drained jar of Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions and garlic along with broth and a diced potato. Simmer until potato is soft, puree until smooth, add heavy cream and season to taste.
- Use Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions as a gourmet topping for hot dogs.
- Combine Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions with farro, kale & cannellini beans make for a rustic minestrone to warm your soul. Click here for our recipe.
- Turn spicy Italian Sausage into a meal by topping it with Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions. Click here for our recipe.
Our peppers and onions are locally grown in California, roasted, sautéed and packed within 24-hours of harvest. Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Peppers & Caramelized Onions can be found in natural food stores across the country and are Certified Kosher, Gluten Free, Non-GMO Project Verified, and Certified Vegan. You can also find them online at VitaCost.com. Enjoy!
Fajita photo credit: jeffreyw via photopin cc