Prep Time: 6 min | Total Time: 30 min | Serves: 4-6
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 jar Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Everything Spread
- ½ jar of Jeff’s Naturals Diced Tamed™ Jalapeño Peppers, drained
- Water or chicken stock to thin chili out to desired consistency
- Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced green onion
In a medium soup pot on medium-high heat, add just enough olive oil to coat the pan. Once hot, add the ground beef and brown the meat, while breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the onion and spice packet and cook until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Next, add in the beans, tomatoes and juice, Everything Spread and jalapeños.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper. If the chili is too thick, thin it out to your desired consistency with water or chicken stock.
Serve hot with Jalapeño Cornbread and toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, and green onion.