Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 30 min | Serves: 4
For the sandwich:
- 8 slices peppered turkey breast thinly sliced
- 8 slices deli salami thinly sliced
- 8 slices prosciutto ham thinly sliced
- 8 slices black forest deli ham thinly sliced
- 8 slices Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 1 c. Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, drained
- ½ c. Jeff’s Naturals Sunshine Mix Mild Banana Pepper Rings, drained, seeded & sliced in strips
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 Italian loaf of bread (or focaccia) cut horizontally
For the sandwich spread:
- 1 Tbsp. Jeff’s Naturals Diced Tamed™ Jalapeño Peppers, drained and seeded
- ½ c. Jalapeño jelly
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint (or 1 tsp. dried mint)
- 2 Tbsp. butter at room temperature
In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring Jalapeño jelly and diced Jalapeño peppers to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in mint until blended. Pour mixture in a small bowl, set aside to cool for about 5 minutes. In the meantime, heat a sandwich grill or a heavy skillet.
Slice bread horizontally.
Brush the sandwich spread onto the insides of both the top and bottom pieces of bread.
Layer the sandwich as follows: turkey, salami, prosciutto, black forest ham, cheese, banana peppers, roasted bell peppers, salt, and ground pepper. Close sandwich and cut into 4 equal pieces.
Brush top of the sandwich with butter, set sandwich, butter side down, on the sandwich grill or skillet.
Brush butter on top side of bread and place on the grill or in a large skillet. To evenly press the sandwich, place a heavy skillet, or a brick wrapped in foil, on top of the sandwich.
Cook until nicely browned and the cheese is melted, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Repeat for remaining sandwiches.