Prep Time: 5 min | Total Time: 30 min | Serves: 6
- 1-2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Italian chicken sausages
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 white onion, sliced in ½” pieces
- 1 tsp. oregano, dried
- 1 tsp. basil, dried
- 1 jar Jeff’s Naturals™ Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Caramelized Onions
- ½ jar Jeff’s Naturals™ Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, stems removed
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- ½ c. Amber Ale beer, (can substitute white wine if needed)
In a large sauté pan on medium high heat, add olive oil and brown sausages on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add butter to the pan and melt. Add the sliced onion, oregano and basil. Stir often to ensure even color. After 3 minutes, add the roasted bell pepper and caramelized onion, peperoncini, and crushed garlic. Cook an additional 3 minutes stirring frequently and add beer to deglaze the pan. After onions and peppers are tender, return sausage to pan and reduce heat to a low simmer. Add ¼ c. water if necessary to prevent vegetables from burning. Simmer for 20 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
Serve on a toasted bun or try on steamed brown rice for a healthier version.