With Cinco de Mayo just a couple of weeks away, we thought it would be fun to share Five FABULOUS Southwest/Mexican inspired recipes you can make with Jeff’s Naturals products in your pantry!
Cinco de Mayo’s the perfect opportunity to craft a menu with a little heat to it (and an assortment of delicious drinks to wash it down)! These five easy and delicious recipes made with Jeff’s Naturals Non-GMO products are bound to have your guests chanting “mas mas mas!”
NEW! Turkey Chili Burritos
Prep Time: 15min | Total Time: 45min | Serves: 8
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 c. Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Red Bell Peppers Strips, drained and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 c. Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 jar Jeff’s Naturals Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Jeff’s Naturals Jalapeño Stuffed Olives, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 flour tortillas
- Optional: 1 c. shredded jack cheese
- Optional: 4 c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- Salt to taste
- Hot Sauce, to taste
In a large skillet, over medium high heat, stir turkey, garlic, olive oil, bell pepper and onion, breaking turkey apart, until juices evaporate and turkey meat is lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Add the chili powder, ground cumin and pepper. Stir and cook 2 minutes. Then add the marinara sauce, jalapenos, cilantro, and olives. Stir often, until flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, stack flour tortillas and seal in foil. Bake in a 350° F oven, until hot in the center, about 7 minutes. To assemble each burrito, spoon the turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top equally with hot sauce, cheese, lettuce and sour cream. Fold bottom, then sides of tortilla over filling to enclose. Hold to eat.
NEW! Mexican Nachos
Prep Time: 10min | Total Time: 20min | Serves: 4
- 8 ounces of tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- ¾ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup Jeff’s Naturals Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup guacamole
- ¼ cup Chili Pepper Spread
On a sheet pan, spread the chips out in an even layer. Layer on the toppings and evenly sprinkle the cheese, beans, chicken, jalapenos and green onion over the chips. Bake about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with sour cream, guacamole and chili pepper spread. Serve immediately.
CLASSIC: Jalapeño Lime Margarita
Prep time: 5mins. Total Time: 5 mins. Serves: 6
- 4-6 c. ice
- 1 can (12oz.) frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 c. tequila
- ¼ c. triple sec
- 1 lime sliced
- Jeff’s Naturals Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeños, reserve the brine, slices for garnish
Combine 4-6 cups of Ice, 1 (12 oz.) can frozen limeade concentrate, 1 cup tequila and ¼ cup of triple sec into a blender and blend until smooth. Add a splash of Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeño Pepper brine to taste and blend again. Pour into a glass rimmed with salt and garnish with a lime wedge and jalapeño ring.
NEW! Peperoncini & Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoe Guacamole
- 4 avocados, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1/2 c. Jeff’s Naturas Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/3 c. Jeff’s Naturals Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, drained and rough chopped
- 1/4 c. red onion, small diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
In a large mixing bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Stir in the peperoncini, tomatoes, onion and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Great served with pita chips for a fun twist!
FAVORITE: Black Bean & Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
Prep Time: 10min | Total Time: 35min | Serves: 4
- 1-½ jars Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, drained
- 1 can black beans (15oz.), drained and rinsed
- ½ c. red onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, minced (including tops)
- 1 Tbsp. Jeff’s Naturals Sliced Tamed Jalapeños brine
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
Drain and 1-½ jars of Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Pepper Strips and chop.
In a large mixing bowl, toss red peppers with all other ingredients. Refrigerate for 25 minutes and serve.